How important is a custom logo design? Consider it this way: If a picture is worth a thousand words, a logo can be worth a thousand—or million or billion—sales.
One look at these iconic logos and people of all ages can easily identify the companies they represent. As a vital part of your brand and your business’ public persona, logo design is one of the most important marketing investments a business can make.
You only get one chance to make a good first impression, and often a logo is the first thing a potential customer notices about your business. In those first few seconds, they will make all kinds of judgments—accurate or not—about the quality of your company based solely on the quality of your logo.
A well-designed logo can convey that your business is professional, trustworthy, and values high quality goods and services. On the other hand, a poorly designed logo can tell potential customers that your company cuts corners or doesn’t focus on fine details—whether or not that’s the case.
Some things to consider with a custom logo design:
- As the face of your company, you want your logo to be timeless and easily recognizable without being trendy or kitschy.
- It should translate across multiple media and platforms.
- If using colors in your design, consider that a logo should be versatile enough to be effective in one color, reverse color or black and white.
- Since your logo might be featured on a billboard, a full page advertisement, a koozie, business cards or a pen, it’s important that it’s effective at any size..
- The devil is in the details, and each element of design—color, shape, font—must be carefully chosen to convey the right message about your company. For instance, a mixed martial arts gym would probably not want to use a fanciful cursive font in their logo. And a cake boutique would probably not feature an unappetizing color such as army green in their logo.
- While it’s great to consider what design elements work and why with other logos, it’s important to be unique and original in creating yours. Your logo becomes your visual identity and you don’t want to look like everyone else.
But you don’t need to figure all that out. That’s our job. Custom Logo Design is our specialty. Get in touch today and let’s work together to make sure your logo stands out in a crowd.